Is red your favorite color? Do you sometimes get turned on when you exercise, especially doing yoga? Do you want to explore tantric sex more? If your answer to any of these is “yes,” your chakras are waiting for you. Learn about your most passionate chakras and how they can inspire your sexual energy!
What are chakras? Chakras are focal points in the human body. You can work with chakras as a focus for positive sensual energy, through body work and meditation.
The idea of chakras comes from the tradition of Hindu tantra. Chakras are now part of many energy practices, including yoga. Most practices picture seven chakras going up the human spine, from the base to the top of the head. Each of these chakras has a color, a type of energy, and many symbols linked to it.
Why work with chakras? It can be spiritual or emotional. When you’re relaxed, energy flows through your body and your chakras. You feel happy and alive. You can encourage these feelings by sending energy to your chakras with exercises, meditations, and bringing colors and energies into your life.
If you’re tense or dealing with strong emotions, some say that your chakras can become blocked. When this happens, you may feel sluggish, anxious, or full of cravings. You can be creatively blocked, or have uncharacteristic moods. You might not enjoy sex as much as you’d like to. Or your libido vanishes and you don’t know why. One way to take care of yourself and these blahs is to do some self-care for your chakras.
Red and Orange: Chakras for Passion
Let’s talk about the chakras you’re here for – the sexy ones! The red chakra, which has the Hindu name Muladhara, is the lowest chakra, called the root chakra. It is near the coccyx (tailbone) and the nerves and muscles that give sexual pleasure. Its energy is linked to the earth, to our primal past, to stamina and overall libido.
The orange chakra, Svadhishthana, is next. It is the sacral chakra, below the belly button. This chakra, too, links to sexual energy, water and desire: our dreams and wants, feeling alive and juicy. Both these chakras are closely aligned. They are often linked to the symbol of the lotus flower, and to strong life energy called kundalini energy.
Orgasm Opens Your Chakras
Having an orgasm is a powerful way to light up a chakra. Some tantric meditators focus on a chakra while they have an orgasm. They’ll breathe and meditate, and keep the chakra in mind as they get turned on.
Each chakra’s energy makes an orgasm feel different. An orgasm from your red root chakra will be wild! You’ll feel primal, insatiable, on fire. When you finally get out of bed, you’ll feel ready to take on the world. An orgasm in your orange sacral chakra has more flow, pounding you like waves, emptying you like a fountain. It will leave you with the sparkling satisfaction of a dream come true. Ready to explore your chakras sexually? Here’s how.
Exercise: Use Pleasure to Ignite Your Chakras
Plan to take an hour to yourself in a private space. For this experience, you’ll masturbate. Use any toys or lubricant that you like, and wear what makes you feel comfortable and sexy. But, please, put your phone away!
You’ll also try some energy breathing and visualisation. To help, red or orange light is a plus – a candle, a scarf over a lamp, a lampshade. So are flowers, clothes or makeup in red or orange shades. You can also play some soothing music. Once your scene is set, here’s what you’ll do:
- Take a shower or bath. Stay nude or wear what makes you comfortable. And get in your favorite position for self-pleasure.
- Masturbate for a few minutes, but don’t allow yourself to come. When you are near orgasm…pause.
- Let yourself be in your aroused body. How do your limbs feel? Is your heart beating? How are you breathing? Is your skin warm? Simply experience yourself.
- Try a practice energy breath.
- Take a very deep breath through your nose.
- Keep your mouth lightly closed. Inside your mouth, have the tip of your tongue touch the roof of your mouth.
- Relax your chest so that the breath fills your ribcage.
- Imagine your breath or energy coursing down the front of your body. When you exhale, bring your abdomen in. Imagine the breath and energy coming up the back of your body, through your spine
- Enjoy three deep energy breaths. Again, experience how your body and your arousal feels. Imagine the breaths and energy lighting up your red and orange chakras. You may feel a curious spark on the roof of your mouth, as well as in your midriff or between your legs.
- Start masturbating again, just as you like. Build your arousal close to orgasm. It’s great if you can keep breathing deeply. Close your eyes and picture one or both chakras. What image comes to mind? Hold onto it.
- Keep your arousal going. Let yourself make wild noises – whatever comes out with your breath. Then let go and really enjoy an orgasm!
Keep the Flow Going
Was this rewarding or surprising? You can try more tantric practice or energy-focused kundalini yoga. Keep an open mind during sex with a partner and you may recognize those chakra sensations.
You may want to try this again by sending energy into your other chakras, especially your heart, the seat of love. And you can try this side by side with a partner. You can have an amazing energy experience together. Or you may just bask in the glow of attention and relaxation. If you have a smile and a sense of lightness afterwards, you’ve opened up your chakras – and enjoyed it!
If you like this article, check out more from our tantra series: read A Beginner’s Guide to Tantric Breathing, How to Be a Tantra Goddess, Solo Spiritual Sex and Downward Doggie Style (Turn Your Yoga Practice Into Hot Sex).
Have you checked out PleazeMe.com? It is a social media platform where adults can be adults. We created the 7 Worlds of PleazeMe so that every person would have a place to privately explore their sexuality with like-minded people.
We believe in love, sexuality, and the power of inclusion. People of all shapes and sizes, colors and ethnicities, genders and sexualities are valuable and deserve to feel included. Everyone should have a safe place they can go to connect, discover and express themselves without fear of being judged, censored or discriminated against.
Take Me There!
*This article may include affiliate links. This means we may make a commission when you purchase through the link, at no additional cost to you. All profits are put back into the platform to create more fun features and make it grow! We need YOUR help to continue our sex-positive mission! Thank you for supporting PleazeMe! You can find other ways to support PleazeMe at https://thedigitalsexualrevolution.com.