What is a Yoni Massage?
A yoni massage, is a Neo-Tantric therapeutic, healing practise for vulva owners. Yoni is the Sanskrit name for the vulva and means “womb”, “source” or “a sacred space.” Its purpose is not orgasm exactly, but to awaken the sexual energy of the vulva (Shakti pussy power!), to heal past trauma and blockages, and to deepen connection to one’s own sexual pleasure potential and self-discovery, as well as deepen intimacy between two lovers.
Genital massage not only aids in sexual stimulation, but it promotes blood flow to the vulva which is beneficial for genital health. So by taking the time out to relax and give yourself a genital massage, you are doing your body as well as your sexual libido a favour!
How Does Vulva Massage Help the Receiver?
Yoni massage allows the receiver to let go and open more to pleasure. It is a way for them to learn more about their sexual anatomy and potential, and how to build pleasure slowly to orgasm. It can result in more pleasure, as well as multiple full-body orgasms, although it is not goal orientated, and orgasm if it happens is just a bonus.
Yoni massage can heal the receiver by releasing stored emotions and trauma, on a cellular level, such as shame, using a technique called de-armouring. The vagina stores trauma and emotions, so yoni massage helps to release those blockages that the receiver may experience which holds them back from expressing their sexual authenticity. This awakens pleasure and sensuality and can boost the libido as well.
For some people, yoni massage can be a deeply spiritual experience, for in Tantra, orgasm is considered as a glimpse of enlightenment. That’s what makes yoni massage a practice for deeper soul connection.
How to Give Yourself a Yoni Massage
Here are some ideas to explore yoni massage for sexual self-care.
- Find a quiet room and lock the door so you won’t be interrupted. Put on music, light candles or incense to get you in the mood.
- Lie down in a comfortable position, propping yourself up with pillows beneath your back and letting your legs hang loosely open, or try lying on your stomach to aid in accessing the genitals easier. Immerse yourself in erotic thoughts or simply concentration on your body’s sensations. Breathe deeply, for this increases the flow of blood to the genitals and helps you to relax.
- Next, use a mirror to explore the beauty of your own vulva, opening the labia lips and finding the clitoris as your massage yourself. Betty Dodson recommends trimming or shaving beforehand for a heightened sense of awareness, but that is totally up to you.
- Your hands should be clean and nails should be trimmed or kept away from soft tissues by using the pads of the fingers when doing a yoni massage. Begin with a very light touch on the genitals, using one hand for stimulation and the other to hold your labia lips open. Some women find direct stimulation of the clitoris painful, or ticklish, so slowly increase the amount of pressure only as you become more aroused. Use a lube, which enhances all sexual activities by making the genitals slick and slippery.
- Rest the heel of your hand on the pubis mons, where the pubic hair begins. You can begin your yoni massage, by stimulating the labia lips with your fingers, using light rubbing and tickling techniques. You can gently grasp the shaft of the clitoris and slide the hood back and forth or gently move the tissue under your finger around in small circles.
- Gradually, you can increase the stimulation and may be able to apply pressure to the clit itself by tapping it lightly. Many women find that the top, right side of their clitoris is more sensitive than other areas. You can work around the clit in a circular motion as well. You can try inserting a finger or two into the vagina and using your palm to stimulate the clit. Experiment with different strokes or speeds to see what feels best, building a repetitive rhythm.
Other techniques for yoni massage include:
Some of these yoni massage techniques were adapted from “Fire in the Valley – Female Genital Massage” with instructors Annie Sprinkle Ph.D., and Joseph Kramer Ph.D.
Womb drumming: With womb drumming during yoni massage, you lightly drum over your womb area, thighs and labia with the palms of your hands and fingertips to stimulate blood flow.
Pussy Petting: This technique uses both hands to alternately stroke up the vulva in a slow, rhythmic motion, warming up the tissue to get the blood flowing.
The Squeeze Tease: This technique involves softly pinching the outer labia together, working up and down the lips.
Outer and Inner Labia Massage: This technique in yoni massage, involves opening the labia and squeezing along each side of the outer lips. This is then repeated with the inner labia.
Circling The Clitoris: Circle the clitoral glans with your fingertip from small to larger circles, varying pressure and speed.
Pushing and Pulling: Use your fingertip to press down on the clitoral glans like it is a magic button. Next, slide your fingertip up and down the clitoral shaft, or use two fingers to jerk the clitoris off.
Sweet Spot: Find your sweet spot which is usually the top left (or right) side of the clitoris. Focus your attention there once you find it.
Clit Tapping: Clit tapping is another technique in yoni massage. Using your fingertips, lightly tap the clitoris, like you are playing a small (tiny) bongo drum. Create a rhythm and groove with it.
G-spot Massage: Yoni massage can also involve the G-spot. Once your vulva and clitoris are warmed up, you may want to try giving yourself a G-spot massage. Use your fingers or a dildo or wand to reach inside your yoni, about two inches deep. The G-spot is located belly-side and feels like a pruney, ridged area surrounded by soft smooth skin. Stroke is slowly as it begins to swell with pleasure. As your arousal builds you may want to try deeper and firmer penetration into this area for a G-spot squirting orgasm. You can continue to stimulate the clitoris while pleasuring the G-spot as well, for a combination orgasm.
Try Edging: Begin to stimulate yourself through masturbation until you reach the edge of the plateau stage, the point of no return or last possible moment that you can abstain from orgasm. At this point, stop stimulating yourself and breath very slowly and deeply until the desire to orgasm fades. This is called sexual “edging”. Continue to do this several times, each time reaching the edge of orgasm, then pulling back and not allowing yourself to climax. This technique takes practice, so don’t worry if you go over the edge the first couple of tries. Through practice you will be able to slow down stimulation, rather than stopping completely and continue to build this heightened state of awareness.
Practise Conscious Breathing: Practice conscious breathing by placing the heels of your hands to the sides of your rib cage, against the bottom ribs. Become aware of your breath for a moment, and allow it to become slow and rhythmic. As you breathe slowly through the nose, concentrate quietly on how the ribs move in and out, pressing your hands in gently into the ribs and then release with the exhale.
Sound off: Allow yourself to vocalize more during self-pleasure. Sound releases sexual energy and also helps to amplify sensation, as the sound waves vibrate throughout the body.
Undulate Your Hips: You can also do this laying down, and pump your hips to send blood to your pelvis and raise your libido.
Sexy Squeezes: Sexy squeezes help to awaken your yoni’s powerful sexual energy. To do this you simply squeeze and relax your yoni muscles slowly and with intent. Make sure to do the relax part, as you want to make your pussy flexible as well as powerful. You can do this with a jade egg practice, or simply using your PC muscle, squeezing your vaginal opening, and then the inner canal, paying attention to each area, and then fully releasing. Try it for just 5 minutes a few times a day.
The purpose of Yoni Massage is to awaken your libido, get to know your beautiful pussy in a more intimate and loving manner, to explore your genitals slow and sensually and to find new ways to stimulate yourself (especially if you rely on a vibrator for masturbation).
Try to just enjoy the experience of getting to know your Yoni/Vulva/Pussy better, and maybe even learn new ways to give yourself pleasure!
Like this article? Check out “How to Be a Tantric Goddess“!
Previously published in https://www.sexpert.com/yoni-massage/
Have you checked out PleazeMe.com? It is a social media platform where adults can be adults. We created the 7 Worlds of PleazeMe so that every person would have a place to privately explore their sexuality with like-minded people.
We believe in love, sexuality, and the power of inclusion. People of all shapes and sizes, colors and ethnicities, genders and sexualities are valuable and deserve to feel included. Everyone should have a safe place they can go to connect, discover and express themselves without fear of being judged, censored or discriminated against.
*This article may include affiliate links. This means we may make a commission when you purchase through the link, at no additional cost to you. All profits are put back into the platform to create more fun features and make it grow! We need YOUR help to continue our sex-positive mission! Thank you for supporting PleazeMe! You can find other ways to support PleazeMe at https://thedigitalsexualrevolution.com.